Sunday, March 27, 2011

Hurled to the center of the Earth, again.

After much toying around with the idea, I finally made my account on formspring. Let's see how long it lasts. That also depends on the questions coming in, if any of them do. I got the formspring box added to the top right side of the blog, so you can just enter your question there. That simple it is. And you can check your answers on http://www.formspring.me/meher2811. Easy?


On awesome lyrics:


Have you heard The Shins? Its an american indie pop band. The genre, I love, they sing. And I absolutely love their songs. But most of all their lyrics, fancy this:


Born on a desert floor, you've the deepest thirst,

And you came to my sweet shore to indulge it,
With the wan and dreaming eyes of an orphan,
But there is not enough,
There is not enough.



Out of a gunnysack for red rabbits,
Into the crucible to be rendered an emulsion,
And we can't allow a chance they'd restore themselves,
So we can't make it easy on you.


Or this:

So affections fade away,
And do adults just learn to play
The most ridiculous, repulsive games?
On the faith of ruddy sons,
And the double-barreled guns,
You better hurry,
Rabbit, run, run, run.
'Cause meeting you was fun,
And there's a lot of hungry howlers in this one cell.
We're taking it over,
Their brittle, thorny stems,
They break before they bend,
And neither one of us is one of them.

It's poetry at its perfect play.  Of late, have been seriously addicted to their song, red rabbits, give it a hear. You're sure to fall in love with the lyricist. 




7 comments:

erer said...

welcome to formspring! :) i made an account too... but never used it... guess you taking the lead, i'm gona reactivate it :)

Kaylia Payne said...

Hey cool, formspring looks fun!! I love the Shins, whenever I am down I put them on. They are so mellow and sweet! And their lyrics are amazing.
Also i love that box on the left hand side that says 'be nice to me..or I'll blog about you'. I have lost count of the amount of times I have said that to people :p

Kaylia Payne said...

Hey also I nominated you for a blog award :) No pressure to do it haha, but wanted to let you know how much I love your blog! xoxo

defining amy said...

i've never heard of formspring before. it looks awesome. i might have to jump on the bandwagon. hope you are doing well!!

Koo said...

I love The Shins :D :D

Philophobic said...

The Shins is EPIC. I lurve New Slang.

keishua said...

the shins are great! huge fan of indie pot and dream pop. well, music in general.